With a resurgence of youth movements responding to social injustices and instances of social inequity; it is important that we listen to, engage with, and equip young people with the tools to navigate complex ideas.
During this series, youth (grades 9 to 12) will engage with contemporary social justice issues. Participants will have the opportunity to submit a piece of writing on a social justice theme of their choice with a chance to appear in a SEDA published booklet. Through consultation with SEDA, students will be allowed to use a pen name.
Who: Youth in Grade 9 - 12 (non-SEDA members welcome)
Where: Online, using Zoom.
- Tuesday Oct 26, 2021. 6 - 7:30 PM
- Facilitated by the Multicultural Council of Saskatchewan
- Thursday Oct 28, 2021. 6 - 7:30 PM
- Facilitated by OUTSaskatoon
Murdered & Missing Indigenous Women
- Wednesday Nov 3, 2021. 7 - 8:30 PM
- Facilitated by Chante Speidel through the Office of the Treaty Commissioner
- After submission deadline (date TBD)
Materials will be made available to registrants who are unable to attend the live seminars.
Writing Submission Deadline: Nov 19, 2021.
Series Cost: $25
Register HERE by Thursday Oct, 21, 2021.