Saskatoon's annual camp is open to all students who want to learn about speech and debate in a friendly and engaging learning environment. Students will build confidence and develop skills such as critical analysis and persuasive speaking. At camp, we recognize every camper is at a different stage of learning.
Those campers who are brand new to debate or public speaking can expect a set of classes designed to cover all the basics of speech and debate, while campers who have debate experience will enjoy classes that build on their knowledge and enhance their skills. While every day at debate camp is a little different, campers can expect days with classes focused on individual skills, group games and activities, and lots of opportunities to practice their newly acquired skills!
Registration & Cost:
- Register HERE.
- Pay the $300 Early Bird fee by June 30.
- E-transfer email@example.com
- Put your child's name followed by CAMP in the description.
- 30% subsidy available and can be selected on the registration form.
- The fee will $350 after June 30.
- Registration closes July 7.
The camp is designed for students in grades 5 to 9 with 0 to 2 years of speech and debate experience. This is a change from previous years and will help us better tailor camp programming to the campers.
- Albert Community Center, 610 Clarence Avenue South
- Campers will need to bring bagged lunches for Monday through Thursday. We will have access to a fridge but not a microwave.
- Camper must bring a reusable water bottle.
- Snacks and lunch on Friday will be provided.
- We will utilize the outdoor spaces for some activities and breaks. Dress accordingly and bring sunscreen!