- Open to students in grades 8 to 11 with previous experience in World Schools Debate Style (Previous experience may include instruction from a debate coach, workshops, and/or tournament)
- Application form required
- Two rounds of World Schools Style Debate
- Judges observe prep time
- Each debater will take part in a ten-minute interview
- Students register as individuals and will be randomly assigned a team
- $15 tournament fee
- Space is limited to twelve competitors at this event. If the number of registrants surpasses our capacity, we will limit available spaces to those with the most World Schools experience.
National & International Debate Opportunity
- Based on performance in preparation and rounds, the written application, and the interview, three students will be selected to attend the Team Canada National Try Outs online May 27th – 29th, 2022.
- If you are successful at the national try outs, you are invited to attend the worlds training camp in the summer of 2022.
- If you are successful at the camp, you are invited to join Team Canada and will attend training sessions with the Team Canada coach and compete and the world championship in the spring of 2023.
- Please register by filling in the application form linked below and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday Feb 18, 2022.
- Space is limited to twelve competitors at this event.
- $15 registration fee should be e-Transferred to email@example.com. Put the debater’s name followed by TCQ in the memo line.
- Special notes regarding the application form:
- For “Year of High School” please put what grade you will be in in the 2022-2023 academic year.
- “Academic Referee” means academic reference. You should ask your teacher or debate coach before using them as a reference on this form.
- The application asks for your passport number and passport expiry date. You may leave this question blank. However, if you are selected to attend the National Team Canada Tryout you will need to provide this information.