Welcome to SEDA!
We are offering three FREE online workshops as part of our Welcome Week. These workshops are designed to give students with no previous experience a sample of speech and debate. We also recommend signing up if a student has less than two years experience as this will be a great refresher!
Grades 5 to 12 are welcome at these workshops, and we will be dividing the group based on grades to provide the best experience possible.
Introduction to Speech
- Tuesday September 20, 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- All good speakers use 3 important elements in their speech: logic, emotion, and facts. This class will give students an introduction on how to incorporate these and other elements into public speaking.
Introduction to Debate
- Wednesday September 21, 6:30 - 8:00 PM
- Students will be introduced to the structure of a debate, foundational critical thinking skills, and brainstorming ideas.
- Saturday September 24 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
- Students will practice one or two debate rounds and test out some of the skills they have been introduced to.
- As we have reached our capacity, registration is closed. If you are interested in speech and debate classes you can register for our Speech and Debate Academy.
- Students do not need to attend all three workshops. There will be an option on the registration form to select which workshops they plan to attend.