- Location: Caswell Community School
- National Style Debate.
- 2 rounds prepared. 1 round impromptu.
- Divisions: Elementary. Beginner ( grade 5 & 6). Intermediate (grade 7 & 8).
- 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- There will be a French division dependent on registrations.
This house, as a child, would choose to not create any social media accounts.
Students should come prepared to debate both sides.
- Judges can register HERE by October 20.
- All teams must provide one judge for the event.
- Teams that do not provide a judge may be unable to compete.
- Judges do not need previous experience. We provide a judge briefing at the start of every event to teach judges how to score a debate and give feedback.
- The judge requirement is still in place for teams travelling from another town. We recruit judges from the community to support travelling teams who are unable to recruit judges and fill judging gaps. A community judge cannot be guaranteed.
- Debater registration is closed.
- A registration form must be filled out for each student by October 27.
- There may be a limit to the number of teams who can register.
- If the number of teams registered is not divisible by two, some teams may be required to sit out one round at the event.
- If you do not have a partner, SEDA will do its best to match you with a partner.
- Observers for virtual tournaments must be registered on the debater registration form.
- $40 tournament fee per student for in-person events.
- $20 tournament fee per students for online events.
- E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 27. Put the students name followed by T2 in the memo line.
- Teams that cancel less than 24 hours before the tournament will still owe tournament fees.
Meals at In-person Tournaments
- Please bring a reusable water bottle.
- Lunch is provided for debaters, coaches, judges, and volunteer moderators.
- Observers can purchase a lunch ticket for $15. This must be indicated on the registration form.