- National Style
- Open to SEDA members in grades 5 to 12
- 3 rounds impromptu
- 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
- Centennial Collegiate High School, Sasaktoon
- National Style sees two teams compete against each other. If the number of teams registered is not divisible by two, some teams may be unable to compete.
- There will be a limit of 38 debate teams.
The theme for this event is fun, games, and recreation. We have resources to help students with impromptu debating.
- Judges register HERE by Monday December 5th.
- Judges do not need previous experience. We provide a judge briefing at the start of every event to teach judges how to score a debate round.
- All teams must provide one judge for the event. Teams that do not provide a judge may be unable to compete.
- This year we are testing a payment option. If a team is not able to provide a volunteer judge, the team may pay a $130 fee for SEDA to find a judge for them. A paid judge is not guaranteed.
- A registration form must be filled out for each student by December 2. The parent/student may fill in the registration form OR the coach.
- Debater registration is closed.
- Tournament fee is $40. Financial aid options are availible! You can select a financial aid option on the registration form.
- E-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 2. Put the students name followed by T5 in the memo line.
- Teams that cancel less than 24 hours before the tournament will still owe tournament fees.
- If you do not have a partner, SEDA will do its best to match you with a partner.