- Hosted by Swift Current High School in Swift Current.
- National Style Debate
- Open to SEDA members in grades 5 to 12
- 2 rounds prepared, 1 round impromptu
- 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
High School: This house would forgive all debt held by developing nations.
Elementary: This house would ban microloans.
- All teams must provide one judge for the event. Teams that do not provide a judge may be unable to compete.
- We are more lenient on the judge requirements for teams that are travelling out of their city! We extend all efforts to not remove traveling teams from the tournament due to not having a judge.
- With that being said, we cannot run tournaments without judges! If a team has a volunteer judge willing to travel on the bus, it would be extremely helpful to ensure the success of the tournament.
- Judges do not need previous experience. We provide a judge briefing at the start of every event to teach judges how to score a debate.
- Judges register HERE by February 5
- There will be a limit of 30 teams at this event.
- National Style sees two teams compete against each other. If the number of teams registered is not divisible by two, some teams may be unable to compete.
- A registration form must be filled out for each student by February 5. The parent/student may fill in the registration form OR the coach.
- Debater registration is closed.
- $40 tournament fee per student.
- There are financial aid options availible! You can select a financial aid option on the registration form.
- E-transfer to email@example.com by February 5. Put the students name followed by T7 in the memo line.
- Teams that cancel less than 24 hours before the tournament will still owe tournament fees.
- If your child needs to drop out because they are ill, we will defer your fee to the next event they attend.
- If you do not have a partner, SEDA will do its best to match you with a partner.
SEDA is a provincial organization and we strive to connect debate clubs and communities from across the province. SEDA received a grant this year specifically to target outreach goals and growing debate outside of main city centers (Regina & Saskatoon). We were just recently able to allocate part of that grant to the entire bus cost for the Swift Current Tournament! This means there is no longer a bus fee for this event!
- The bus will leave Saskatoon from the Sobeys in Stonebridge (3100 Preston Avenue S) at 6:00 AM. If students are not there by 6:05 AM, the bus may leave without them.
- The bus will leave Swift Current School in Swift Current at 4:40 PM to arrive back at the Sobeys in Stonebridge by 7:50 PM. Parents should be ready to pick their child up in the Sobeys parking lot at 7:50 PM.
- Coaches must chaperone their students on the bus. If your child does not have a club coach, a parent must accompany them as chaperone.
- We will not be providing breakfast. You may send snacks with your child to eat on the bus. Please no nuts.
- Lunch is provided for debaters, coaches, judges, volunteer moderators, and observers who come on the bus.
- SEDA will provide a snack at the end of the tournament at 4:40 PM before the bus leaves Swift Current. We will not be providing dinner. Please send additional snacks with your child for the return bus trip if you feel they will need them.