SEDA would like to thank Summer Student Rafay Ahmed for spearheading this pilot project.
How Does it Work?
Worlds Schools Style debate provides debaters with a unique opportunity to hone their skills on an international stage while developing long-lasting bonds with their teammates. SEDA Abroad aims to provide debaters with an accessible environment to thrive in the style!
- SEDA Abroad Members must be enrolled in the SEDA Mentorship Program.
- SEDA Abroad members will receive regular coaching from a highly-experienced Worlds Schools Style coach, a team manager, tournament registration covered, and in the event of in-person tournaments – support with travel coordination.
- SEDA may assist in fundraising for travel, but will not directly cover travel costs.
- SEDA Abroad members may be required to participate in media interviews to bring awareness to the program!
- Members of SEDA Abroad will attend a number of world school style international tournaments under the banner of Team Saskatchewan.
- Examples of possible tournaments include
- Harvard College Worlds Schools Invitational, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Winter Holiday Opens, Zagreb, Croatia
- Eurasians Schools Debating Championships, Istanbul, Türkiye